The next time you feel yourself struggling to come up with an idea, try mixing it up a little.
- If you usually work from home or an office, go and work from a local coffee shop for an hour (or two).
- If you usually create your art using paint, try using charcoal.
- If you usually write your ideas down using a computer, try thinking on paper and add colour.
- If you usually work inside, take your work outside.
- … You get the point.
By changing the way you work, you cause yourself to think differently. This may be exactly what you need, the next time you are stuck for an idea.
Latest posts by Jim Connolly (see all)
- Video: Andy Warhol eating a hamburger. Is it art? - July 18, 2014
- Video: A quick look at the design genius of Dieter Rams - July 6, 2014
- A great little video about the Times New Roman font - June 19, 2014